Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Adobe Illustrator CS5 stopped working. Reason: ScriptingSupport.aip

I just recently encountered this error "ScriptingSupport.aip" when I tried to open my Illustrator CS5. It was working before and the only changes that I've made was adding a 4th monitor in replacement of my built-in laptop display.

The previous setup:
One monitor connected in DVI DELL M4600 docking station
Two monitor connected in Toshiba Dynadock and Dynadock was connected in USB of DELL M4600 docking station
One built-in DELL M4600 laptop display
Note: On this setup, the Illustrator CS5 was working fine

The current setup:
One monitor connected in DVI DELL M4600 docking station
Two monitor connected in Toshiba Dynadock and Dynadock was connected in USB of DELL M4600 docking station
One monitor connected in VGA DELL M4600 docking station
Built-in DEll M4600 laptop display is closed
Note: On this setup, the Illustrator CS5 has stopped working

To solve the error:
Close Illustrator CS5 if it still open
Disconnect one of the monitor, in my case I disconnected the 3rd monitor because it was my new additional monitor in replacement of my built DELL M4600 monitor
Apply the settings
Open Illustrator CS5 now and it will open successfully

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I though I need to upgrade to CS6 from CS5. After I did the instruction you've shared, it really solve the error. No need to upgrade or reinstall my CS5.